Nach Berlin :)

It's not even been a month since I returned from Istanbul, and I'm on the road again. This time I'm heading for Germany, to write about sustainability and football. In case you didn't know I was interested in the topics, I didn't find out myself until recently :)

It feels weird to travel wearing a pair of jeans and a backpack, but no make up or nail polish. My check-in luggage has been reduced to the size of my typical carry-on suitcase. I have not packed a single pair of heels or a dress. One does not need them to walk around a small German village or tour football stadiums, but thinking of this deprivation feels like being notified of an upcoming two-week-long ban on chocolate.

I'm thrilled and nervous at the same time. Traveling light, staying at hostels, sharing car rides and rooms with people I don't know. All those things I haven't done since I was a student. All those things which I once viewed as inseparable attributes of traveling happiness.

Setting on the road today feels like starting a workout after a long break. You know that you are going to be sore for a few days, and yet you can't help savoring the anticipation of becoming stronger. This trip might not build my muscles, but I know it will build my load of experience, stories, and memories. For the excess of this luggage, two weeks without hairspray and body scrub is a very moderate price  to pay.

At 5 p.m. Thursday, Kyiv Boryspil feels unusually empty. I would probably even miss people, if only I didn't know that I am going to have so many of them soon. People I have never met before. People I've only talked to over email. People I've shared wonderful moments with thousands miles away from here. People who are so dear to me. People who will become so dear.

Hey Dad, remember you asked me what I wanted to see in Germany? I think I have the answer now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Валізи

Winter Time | Зимовий час

Достатньо для щастя | Enough for Happiness

PSL / Гарбузово-пряне лате

Скарбничка радощів

Хвилі

Something Cozy / Щось затишне

Treasure chest

Christmas in our hearts / Різдво у серці

Days of April | Дні квітня